2023 Volunteer Registration
2023 Volunteer Registration and Health & Safety Policy Statement Form
Why should I sign this?
- The risk assessments we have drawn up are designed to help safeguard your health and safety at Pathfinder events. They explain how the risks are controlled and tell you who is responsible.
- You have a duty to take care of your own and other people’s health and safety. You are confirming that you will co-operate with Pathfinder to implement the controls listed.
- It will enable Pathfinder to track that everyone has read and understood the risk assessments.
What could happen if I refuse to sign the form?
If you feel unable to sign the form, you should inform the Course Leader, Directors of Pathfinder or John Beckford in writing of why you are refusing to sign it. We may be able to help! If you refuse to sign the acknowledgement form and fail to give a valid reason why:
- Your rights to our safety standards could be affected, as you haven’t signed to say you accept them!
- Your right to legal support in the event of an accident could potentially be affected.
- There is a possibility that you may be prohibited from undertaking certain activities if you can’t agree to work safely.
- Refusing a ‘reasonable request’ from Pathfinder could potentially lead to you being asked to leave the Venue immediately.
- If you believe the precautions are inadequate and putting anyone’s health and safety at serious risk, then you need to report that immediately.
- The document gives you personal backing as our standards are clearly defined. If you are requested to act outside of these standards, you should raise the issue with John Beckford.
- We want our staff to be happy with the documents – they will be reviewed on an annual basis and all reasonable suggestions for improvement will be taken into consideration.