About The Pathfinder Initiative
In one week students of the Pathfinder Initiative achieve the essential driving competence, attitudes, and understanding to become safe drivers. Uniquely, Pathfinder is for students aged between 15-17 and their guardians. You learn in a safe, secure environment, having fun together and building understanding and trust. Read our FAQs to find out more.
We are the only (pre-licence) under 17 driver training organisation whose training programme is accredited by IAMRoadsmart.Apply for pathfinder initiative bursary
under 17 driving Experiences with the pathfinder initiative
Following our proven approach over 5 days the students will learn about and practice:
- Core Driving Skills
- Driving and Road Safety Theory
- Dealing with Peer Pressure
- Road Risk and Safety Practise
- Advanced Driving Appreciation
- Essential Car Control
- Brake and Avoid
- Speed Awareness
We encourage and enable students to drive a range of vehicles so that they gain an appreciation of how other cars perform, and how other motorists may act on the road.
Book now to join our:
- Under 17 Driving Course near Stafford – 25th to 29th March 2024 – this course is aimed at 15 to 17-year-olds who live in Shropshire, Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent and surrounding counties.
- Under 17 Driving Course in Rufforth, Yorkshire – 2nd to 6th April 2024 – this SOLD OUT course is aimed at 15 to 17-year-olds in North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Humberside and Lincolnshire.
- Under 17 Driving Course in Rufforth, Yorkshire – 12th to 16th August 2024 – this course is aimed at 15 to 17-year-olds who live in North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Humberside and Lincolnshire.
- Under 17 Driving Course in South Cerney, Gloucestershire – 12th to 16th August 2024 – this course is aimed at 15 to 17-year-olds who live in Gloucestershire and Worcestershire.
Students of the Pathfinder Initiative have been statistically proven to be much less likely to be involved in an accident, and are more advanced drivers having benefitted from our under 17 driving scheme.
Using the education that we give attendees, they have a better chance of staying alive. Using the statistics within the survey we performed, we can show our members have a lower accident and conviction rate compared to their peers.